Saturday, May 9, 2015

People In Your Neighborhood




take a seat ( with Milicent Rogers ) and read!



I would love every parent to have this information for their children: Why Gut Microbes Make Your Kids Picky Eaters

10 Brilliant Novels With One Fatal Flaw True Detective ( Season One ) was a TV show but is included in here for its novelistic brilliance- which I could not agree with more. This show haunts me months after I watched it, and despite its grim tone and horribly sad storyline I know I'll go back and watch it again. But---but! those last 15 minutes...

A Wrinkle In Time is one of the books of my life, so I love this WSJ piece on Madeleine L'Engle and a secret passage

This little girl was the daughter of the friend of a friend. Please don't turn your backs on kids in water. Please put life vests on kids in or near open water. She had taken swim lessons. It didn't stop this from happening. Unimaginable grief. I've been praying for this family out of lack of anything else to do.

I really like how Dani Shapiro- a well known, high selling author- reveals the bare bones of the writing life

This short essay articulates some of my deepest life values and guides: The Moral Bucket List

Sally Mann's iconic images have always captivated me on a subconscious and conscious level. I am remember a decade ago using them like online art, tacked to my MySpace page. I was born in Jackson Mississippi and returned to live for a year later in childhood. She writes for the NYTimes about the mixed legacy of her images.

A very interesting young woman: Mac McClelland, an investigative journalist who wrote a book about her PTSD after going toward the Haiti earthquake aftermath.

Melissa Hart writes about foster care and the importance of Annie, 91 years later.



previous next