Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Ebook Is PUBLISHED! ' Atmospheric Disturbances: Scenes From A Marriage '

In 2009 I stared at this same beautifully empty white space surrounded by a thin dark stamped line, and began this blog. What has come from that humble beginning is the making of my dream into a reality. I have a published book. I have been paid to publish a book. I am a published author. In case you haven't noticed, I'm still letting this sink in.

I feel slightly numb. It's really too much to take in, because it's not- these things never are, just like a fight about the dishes isn't really about the dishes- about just the actual publication, but about the kind of pride and joy I feel in the fact that I determined a goal, worked my ass off, sacrificed ( which may sounds melodramatic but I don't believe it is- I have read and written and studied and humbled myself and gave up sleep for years and traded in many things, money included, and cried and been humiliated and embarrassed and insecure and sat in a chair writing while many other fat lovely joys of life were happening ) and after years, this has happened. I have published a book. 

In the heyday of comments, I often- to my great delight, something I think I will cherish and remember for the rest of my life for it's bolstering effect- had other bloggers or blog readers say to me here, ' If you publish a book, I will be first in line to read it. '

I so hope some of you are still around.

This memoir is published by Shebooks  and can also be found on Amazon

Atmospheric Disturbances: Scenes From A Marriage is the memoir of my marriage and how my husband's diagnosis of bipolar invaded and changed that marriage. Really it is a story of what is means to fall deeply in love and then have your world turned upside down by some force out of your control.


If you buy this book, I have one request: if you find you like it or even love it, please write a review on Amazon, and please share on one or all of your social media channels. This could make all the difference in the book's success or who sees it- some amazing agent, I would hope, or an editor, someone who will love it.  I wrote it, now I have to set it out in the world and hope the winds are to the East, as Mary Poppins knows brings in good things, magical things.

Winds in the east, mist coming in. / Like somethin' is brewin' and bout to begin. 

My dedication in this book is to my husband, Edward John Curry KOMH
he knows.

Without him, this memoir would not exist. Without his courage and grace and most of all, love for me, this publication would not exist. For this, I am eternally grateful to him, and proud of him.

Shebooks is having a really exciting campaign on Kickstarter:

2014 Equals Writes Campaign 






previous next