Monday, October 14, 2013

Literary Survey Yay!

Thank you to Lindsey, who gave her own list here.



Author you’ve read the most books from (the grammar nerd in me has to say:from whom you have read the most books): John Irving, Joyce Carol Oates, Sylvia Plath, L.M. Montgomery, J.K. Rowling, Alice Munro

Best Sequel Ever: I have no idea. I can think of good sequels, but none that fit this title.

Currently Reading: Night Film by Marisha Pessl and Le Divorce by Diane Johnson and The Spooky Art by Norman Mailer ( The Spooky Art is my favorite book on writing, and I've read it many times- I often keep it around just to dip into )

Drink of Choice While Reading: Coffee or Alcohol but mostly coffee

E-reader or Physical Book? Physical books. Always.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School: Harry Potter

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance: My grandmother gave me the  Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy, which I had no excitement about, and turned out to be some of the most unique, phenomenonally written books I've ever read- utterly captivating, devastating and a thrilling journey into a completely different life than I've ever known or imagined.

Hidden Gem Book: The Big House by George Howe Colt

Important Moment in your Reading Life: Reading Rabbit, Run by John Updike in middle school. Changed my life.

Just Finished: Levels of Life by Julian Barnes ( memoir of grief )

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read: Harlequin romances, although I did read them in high school.

Longest Book You’ve Read: Maybe The Bible? The Eleanor Roosevelt biography series, in which each book is enormous. ( they are so, so good )

Major book hangover because of: Harry Potter. Sniff.

Number of Bookcases You Own: Five.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: Anne of Green Gables.

Preferred Place To Read: In my bed.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read: “In the world according to Garp, we are all terminal cases” 

Reading Regret: All the books I will not know.

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series): A Song of Fire and Ice oh but maybe this doesn't count, I don't think the last book is out. Can't think of any other series though?

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books: The World According To Garp by John Irving, Ariel by Sylvia Plath, A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Unapologetic Fangirl ForHarry Potter. Also the Spenser novels by Robert. B Parker

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others: Whenever John Irving releases a new novel.

Worst Bookish Habit: Food and drink spills on the pages.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: A Stained White Radiance By James Lee Burke ( so good! )

Your latest book purchase: Night Film, by Marisha Pessl and Then I Was Mad by Mercer Mayer

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): Le Divorce by Diane Johnson. I am a huge fan of this trilogy, gets better every time I read. She's unique and so very good.
previous next