Sunday, September 9, 2012

People In Your Neighborhood


take a seat and read!
I'm really happy to have a poem published in The Nervous Breakdown, one of a small handful of my favorite literary joints online. 

Xlc is an old friend of mine, a woman who raises her two boys in such a way that makes me feel a little less alone- less weird, less 'other'- in this world. She has heart and soul for days, and she can tell a freaking awesome story: Here she is talking about how marriage is SO unsexy at times,  and how often you realize this little fact...in Target.

Since age 14 I have been a devoted reader of all things by and about Sylvia Plath. I devoured 
Bitter Fame: A Life of Sylvia Plath and now highly recommend it. Fascinating.

I am shopping and dreaming and drooling this week to make these Three Cheese Enchiladas. I have a thing for enchiladas this year. I think I'm going to make them with corn tortillas though, because I like the taste better with corn, and because I've switched to a very low gluten diet in the last two weeks to support my health.

Who is your Hemingway?

And last but NOT least! Our water.org fundraiser for the people of Haiti has raised over $1000 so far! I am really proud to be a part of this lifesaving venture, and proud of my blogger girls for all they are doing. Please help by donating or spreading the word through linking on FB or your blog or Twitter. x

xo







previous next