Saturday, September 22, 2012

i'm trying to come up with a title, and all i can think of is that damn song, Call Me Maybe


I was gone and I'm back I am back and I am a little off a little off

These Amazing and Peculiar Things Happened To or Around Me

I was gifted an IMac. A brand new beautiful IMac. Every now and again something truly unexpectedly wonderful happens. Some of those wonderful things are 'bad' in things in disguise, like an adorable round cheeked toddler dressed as a blood sucking vamp, and you have to look through it, to see what it really is. This is not one of those things. This is plain awesome, with no ketchup. My old computer was OLD, first off, in human form it would have been on dialysis and lost a leg, couldn't see and cramped fingers no longer able to knit. 
I'm not sure if you know this, but I am a writer. And having a computer that shuts down every ten minutes from overheating- even with your white trash fan blowing furiously away at Mock Ten on the hard drive- is misery. I didn't have a capital z, either. We couldn't watch anything that moved, like video of any kind, because yes, shut down. I couldn't use Pinterest anymore or really anything that involved moving the screens back and forth because yes, shut down. 
One night it took me a half hour to highlight and change the font on one paragraph.
So here I am, the same broke me, only typing on this new age beautiful gleaming 21 inch IMac.

Thank you, Universe. 

We are not always given back what we give but we give just the same. I give every chance I have- we stop and give money to homeless with signs, we feed the immigrants, help friends, put money for fundraising for MS, cancer, I make a point to try to make a small, warm smile to everyone I look at, because you never know if they have any love in their lives or anything gentle and true. And every now and then, when I'm just about to lose my mind, something happens to ease the burden.

This is one of those things, times ten.

Now I can blog again when I want to, finish my assignments with flair, explore the inspiration of the internet, research baby warts. 

This weekend is the best I've had in a long time. Mr. Curry and I had a rocket ship marathon in the bedroom Friday night because the Blessed Virgin Mary took pity on me and made it so that all of our children were occupied and would leave us alone ( oh leave us alone! ) for longer than fifteen minutes. I think I literally tore his clothes off. Enthusiasm doesn't begin to cover it.

Dakota got his first job, at STARBUCKS. Now if that isn't a sign of Universal harmony, I don't know what is. Starbucks is the one thing, the one thing I spend money on. I'm an angel of budgeting- we don't do dinners out anymore, I don't buy clothes for myself, or things for the house, I buy at thrift stores often, I don't get manicures, pedicures of my hair did- but I do get a Starbucks Doubleshot each morning. 
We are all so proud of Dakota. He's kicking ass lately. I am SO PROUD of him.

Ian is totally bombarded with schoolwork again, in honors and AP for some classes, and enrolled in the new Engineering class in the new Engineering building, the program which gives you a special cinch into the good U, if you do well, which he will. He's also super tall all the sudden and broad shouldered and good looking. He also tormented Lola and drove me nuts today. 

Lola has been sick with viral bronchitis and missed the most school she has ever missed- almost two weeks. She's on the mend and taking anti-viral supps from Grandma. 

Tomorrow my mom is watching Lola and Ever and Mr. Curry, as an early anniversary gift, is taking me to see The Master. This is the second movie I've seen in over two years!!! I'm so excited.

That'll do pig, that'll do.

previous next