Saturday, June 11, 2011

People In Your Neighborhood: Blogs Posts I'm Loving

Debating if seeing the new Woody Allen movie is a good idea in light of his personal life. One of my favorite blogs for years now wonders what makes a spiritual home. With a feckin inspiring photo. He keeps stunning me silent with his images and words. If Robert Parker were still alive he'd write this man a novel. How we can help our daughters avoid obsessing on their bodies in a world that makes it hard. Mwa always makes me laugh in an uncomfortable way, like a wedgie. She's also smart and interesting and unique. Her blog is a favorite of mine. Some blogs remind me, in the most aching and beautiful way, that we aren't living where we are most at home. Someday... Do you have chronic bitchface?

photo aled lewis
Alexandra said...

What an interesting post.

So much there, in such a small space.

Now, I've got tons of links to check out, that intrigue me.

Thank you

Amelia said...

I love the one about helping our daughters have a healthy body image. It is so very important to me that my 2 year old grow up loving herself for who she is and having confidence in her abilities.

Caroline said...

I'm so out of it I don't even know what's going on in Woody Allen's life. I will google it and see what's up. I checked out Mwa's blog--looks great. When I have more time I will go back and read more.
Great links.

CitricSugar said...

I do so love that series of photographs...

Thanks for sharing your reading delights.

37paddington said...

maggie may, you always lead me to the most fascinating souls. it was through you that i found ms. moon and the dishwasher. you are such a connector. thank you. love.

Petit fleur said...

Love you Maggie!

Deidre said...

I have this same argument about Woody Allen myself, but sometimes his work is soooo brilliant, despite being you know...a douche.

Hannah Stephenson said...

Thank you for sharing all of these (esp. Aled Lewis's work).

the real mia said...

I DO have chronic bitch face! I'm so glad there's finally a diagnosis for this condition.

Mwa said...

Maggie, you have made my day. You are one of my favourites too and I hardly get any time for blogging these days. You make me find courage. I love you. Thank you for that. x

previous next