Thursday, October 16, 2008

Random Chirps

  • Happy Birthday Annie!
  • I think you should visit Steenky Bee. This girl is really awesome. She radiates light and energy in a way that enlivenes me to do the same, and she's funny as all be.Saddest Bee Pictures, Images and Photos
  • I did not get the job I had interviewed for twice and I wanted so badly. It would have been a pay raise and perfect in many ways, but there was fierce competition and someone else with more niche experience got the job. I'm sad. Blue moon, I see you standin alone...
  • We are still beyond broke and don't know every month how we will pay our whole rent. You may think this is very stressful. It is.
  • My right boob hurts. I keep thinking about this woman at the school where I used to work (and still sub for). She's got a 2 year old and a 6 month old, and she has reaccurent breast cancer that has spread to her bones. It's her third battle in 2 years. I organized dinners for her that are getting dropped off at the preschool where she picks up her children. Every time my breast hurts, I think about her. If you pray, maybe you could send prayers toward San Diego and a woman named Michelle.
  • This weather ( incredibly hot and dry like the inside of an oven ) has challenged my idea of myself as strongly against nose-picking.
  • When 'Footloose' comes on and I'm driving in my car and the sun breaks through the clouds at this slanty angle and the trees are all blowing crazy on the sides of the road and Mr. Curry is next to me and the kids are in the back of the car laughing at me because I'm singing and dancing to this song I feel elevated beyond my circumstances. I feel joy.dance Pictures, Images and Photos

  • If I could make out with Obama and my husband would let me, I'd have to really, really, really consider it
  • But I still wouldn't.
  • I don't think cursing is a big deal. Like, at all. I think integrity is a big deal. Service is a big deal in our family. Honor. Respect. Love in action. Inner strength. Compassion. But cursing? Nah. As long as we don't sound like we could move in with the Bundy's, it's copacetic. If I spelled that right, I win ten dollars. Sometimes I meet people that have a checklist of behaviors that are offensive, but their very way of interacting in this world is small and coarse. I'd rather be a big hearted hoar than a piggy eyed linguist. But I'm not. A hoar, I mean. Or a linguist either, probably.
  • I think Obama won that debate, hands down. Last debate, I thought tied. This one, Obama was the consumate gentlemen, and he won my heart along with my vote. ' I think those ads say more about you and your campaign, John, than they do about me. ' OH HELL YES.
  • I am completely addicted to those TLC reality shows- Little People, The Duggars, John and Kate Plus Eight. There's something really life affirming about those big families, and something comforting about their normalicies, the quibbling, mistakes, gaffs, and it all ends and envelopes back again in the family fold, love.
Jenny Grace said...

Well said!

Radish King said...

Maggy May,
Send me your mailing address and I will send you a copy of Cadaver Dogs, if you'd like one. You can e-mail me at radish dot king at gee mail etc. I understand beyond broke.

rk

jen said...

if given the opportunity i would seriously seriously consider making out with obama too.
it's kind of weird to think that because i'd like to think i like him for his politics.
this is probably sexist.
oh well.

Maggie May said...

i am so on it!!! how awesome! you made my morning, RK.

Steph(anie) said...

Unfortunately nose picking is a necessity during dry SoCal falls ;)

steenky bee said...

Okay, a few things. Thanks for the linky love! Oh, my! You are the sweetest thing. Second, how much do I love it that the dog is dressed like that tap dancing gem in the Blind Melon video. Third, go get your boob checked. Stat! Fourth, I would rather see McCain naked than Obama. It's true. I seriously want to know what's going on there. Fifth. I suddenly have found Obama extremely hot. It's his elite, power, changing the world type of thing that's got me hooked. What do I know? I think James Gandolfini is hot too.

Lola said...

I am fine with nose picking and cussing. As long as my son stays the sweet, loving soul that he is, he can say "Fucking Dogs!" when the dogs trample the masterpiece he's been working on.

I get where he's coming from. Not to mention that I know exactly where he learned that term of endearment.

michellewoo said...

I happened to be picking my nose while reading this.

Annie said...

Thanks for the good wishes!

Obama definitely won that debate, despite what the so-called "undecided voters" said. (They should have to state their party affiliation, before they're allowed to comment on national tv!)

Maggie May said...

james gandolfini IS hot!!

Anonymous said...

I used to be ok with cursing. But now I think only whores do it.

snarf!

previous next