Friday, July 25, 2008

Oh So Jealous

you are, that is. why? because today i went to a thrift store and scored 6 books for the lump sum
of 1 dollar, 08 cents.

here they are, in no particular order:

Animal Poems compiled by Jennifer Curry (for my 6yr old daughter, Lola Moon)
-- excerpt:

' Quick as they are
and slick they are
and swooping through
the air
as if they couldn't
stop for joy-
and j0y had tossed them
there'

All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Remarque

Saint Maybe by Anne Tyler

Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver

Personal History by Katherine Graham

A Year In Provence by Peter Mayle

OH happiness!

Plus- I got a beautiful red and white pillow that looks new for 3 buckssss.

And as an added random bonus, I have one of my all time favorite, cheer me up, funniest songs ever stuck in my head. I know the entire song by heart. And yes, I'm proud of that.

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE ( big whoomping sound)
YOU OTHER BROTHERS CAN'T DENY

etc.
Talia Reed said...

Yes, that song. It tends to pop into my head from time to time as well.

ryan said...

the asian britney spears

Valerie Loveland said...

Haha, that song.

My sister has a large butt for a white woman, so that has always been "her song."

Anonymous said...

Great score! In more than one way. I, too, found some children's books, but they were at the dollar store. They were about anatomy and world history and were surprisingly full of facts. I didn't get them for the price that you got yours--but one dollar for reference books was great. Thanks for posting because I was in the store and thought of your post--hence I checked out the book section.

previous next